Share It

Sunday 17 April 2016

Reasoning Ability Answer with Explanation Syllogism -IBPS & SBI Bank Exam

In each of the questions below consists of a statements  and conclusion numbered I and II given below it.You decide which of the two conclusion logically follows from the information given in the statement

Give answer

    (1)if only conclusion (I) follows
    (2) if only conclusion (II) follows
    (3) If a either conclusion (I) or (II) follows
    (4) If a neither conclusion (I) nor (II) follows
    (5) If both  conclusion (I) and (II) follows

 
1.Statements:
All banks are colleges.
Some colleges are schools.
Conclusion
I. No bank is school
II.Some schools are not colleges

2.Statements:
Some glasses are metals
Some liquids are metals.
Conclusion
I.No liquid is glass
II.Atleast some glasses are liquids.

3.Statements:
All kites are aeroplanes
No  aeroplanes is a bird.
Conclusion
I.Atleast some kites are birds.
II No kite is a bird.

4.Statements:
No ship is boat
All boats are vessels.
Conclusion
I.Atleast some vessels are boats
II.No ship is a vessel.

5.Statements:
Some houses are buildings.
No building is an apartment.
Conclusions:
I Atleast some buildings are not houses
II. No house is an apartment

Answer
1.[4]All banks are colleges.[A]    
Some colleges are schools.[I]
A+I => No Conclusion

2.[3] Both the premises are Particular Affirmative.No Conclusion follows the two Particular Premises.

Conclusions I and II form Complementary Pair.Therefore, either Conclusion I or II follows.

3.[2]
All kites are aeroplanes [A]
No  aeroplanes is a bird.[E]
 A+E => E type of conclusion
  No kite is a bird.


4.[1]
No ship is boat    [E]
All boats are vessels.[A]
 E+A =>O - type of conclusion
"Some vessels are not ships"
Conclusion I is converse of the second Premise.

5.[4]
Some houses are buildings.[I]
No building is an apartment.[E]
I+E => O - type of Conclusion
'' Some houses are not apartments"

0 comments

Post a Comment